NELSON ROMERO AGENCY, NORTH PALM BEACH, FL
FEB ’13 – PRESENT
I develop and manage creative concepts, business strategies and creative executions of web, video and print projects for Small Businesses and Fortune 500 clients globally.
- Serve as expert UI/UX developer on website structure, software and multimedia initiatives for all clients.
- Author user-centric interfaces for web-based applications and corporate sites, resulting in greater usability and higher client satisfaction.
- Write UI/UX Standards, UI/UX Checklist and Style Guides for educational software and video games.
- Introduce high quality broadcast, CGI, web streaming and video post-production services to clients.
- Create design, layout and production 3D animation and illustrations for all levels of corporate communication including trade show graphics, posters, training materials and ad specialties.
- Develop multimedia campaigns for small businesses.
- Craft site maps, dialogs, buttons, icons, bitmaps, splash screens, wizard artwork, box/packaging illustration and web graphics.
- Ability to hire, inspire and motivate creative teams. Manage and train junior developers and interns.
- Conduct new business development, prototyping and conceptualizing.
- Create schedules, payrolls and vendor resources to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Provide short and long-term web strategies, including search engine optimization, for clients and associates.
- Design graphics, ads, logos and animations for websites, HD video, DVDs, CDs and marketing materials.
TARKENTON COMPANIES, ATLANTA, GA
FEB ’09 – FEB ’13
Conceptualized the information architecture and user experience of applications, websites and video production, achieving and exceeding all objectives, while growing better working relationships across multiple business teams, technology and non-technology.
- Produced Web, Video and Software design and programming.
- Lead and mentored workforce with high-level enterprise training initiatives.
- Technical representative in sales and marketing efforts with future clients.
- Created document standards and guidelines with technical writers.
- Recommended hardware, software and video purchases company-wide.
- Authority on print and publishing including brochures, posters, trade exhibits, apparel, promotional materials and corporate identity.
Sirius Satellite Radio
Managed the production and post-production of animated on-air network id’s for “The Fran Tarkenton Show” on Sirius XM. This included managing both outside production companies and in-house production teams contracted to produce original content for this program.
Producer / Director / Writer / Manager of day-to-day video production for Legal Shield Business Tools, including effects, set operations, editing and Live video streaming.
Managed the production of commercials and promotional videos. Productions ranged from online web and video promotions to spots on billboards, including Times Square in New York.
GoSmallBiz Software Design
Created and presented new business proposals, prototypes and scoping efforts for potential clients, products and marketing initiatives.
Programmed web sites and page assets, using CSS, ASP.NET, HTML, Joomla, WordPress, and DotNetNuke which provided best-in-class enhancements and features across all company platforms.
Served as authority on all aspects of interactivity and multimedia including interaction design, visual design, Flash, HTML5 and HD video.
GoSmallBiz Training Center
Developed advanced training resources for clients using Live Chat, Streaming Videos, Flash, ActionScript, Camtasia, Snagit and the Adobe Creative Suite. Training modules came equipped with audio/video, XML-driven content and with supporting interactive documentation.
Contributed with Product Development team on front-end application and web design, providing a more cutting-edge style guide, identity and improved user interaction.
Directed creative strategies for marketing team with concepts, research, content management systems, quality assurance, web training and printed advertising, adding strength and the needed resources to their communications and technical requirements.
Directed iPhone application projects, blogs, user-generated content, forums, RSS feeds, social media and email campaigns. Worked with subject matter experts and technical writers to execute these custom initiatives.
Designed and published multi-camera HD video for broadcast various web properties, commercials, channels, kiosks, and other promotional merchandise.
nelsonromero.com, ATLANTA, GA
MAY ’03 – FEB ’09
Owner/Executive Creative Director
Diverse multimedia experience leveraging strategic vision, problem solving and artistic talent. Delivering high-impact marketing, design, planning, development and launching of websites, applications, video, print and interactive projects.
- Create and present new products and business proposals.
- Design, program and maintain multiple websites and multimedia projects.
- Digital Film-making, Animation, Motion Graphics, Visual Effects and Live Streaming Video.
- Direct high-level instructional design and development.
- Write UI and UX standards, checklists and style guides.
- Oversee and drive day-to-day website operations and maintenance.
- Marketing, Branding and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Specialize in team management, business development, branding identity, customer relations, and technology.
- Ability to consistently deliver projects on-time, ensuring the quality, performance and reliability of all products.
AT&T, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Lockheed Martin, Turner Broadcast Networks and PBS are just a few of the companies who have turned to me for inspired branding, web 2.0 solutions, multimedia campaigns, HD Video production and custom applications that succeed in the marketplace, increase sales and improve customer satisfaction.
Collaborated with teams around the world to design Computer Based Training experiences for HP clients, sales force and trainers.
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Designed user interface and special effects for aircraft flight simulators and CBT Programs.
Produced and directed in-studio audio and visual recordings. Supervised media, script and talent for multiple CBT projects.
The Home Depot
Design and production of commercial flyers, posters and point of purchase displays.
Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts
Re-branding of landmark corporate identity.
The Coca-Cola Company
Designed packaging, poster, decal and 3-D point of purchase displays.
TBS, TNT, CNN Networks
Developed marketing and promotional affiliate press kits, calendars, brochures and folder design and production.
Public Broadcast Service (PBS)
Designed UI/UX and special effects for documentary film production and DVD Special Features.
Created Flyers, Trade Show Exhibits, Portable Displays and Interactive Kiosk.
BELLSOUTH – AT&T, ATLANTA, GA
AUG ’00 – APR ‘03
Responsible for design and development of applications and services within the BellSouth – AT&T flagship service.
- Project management experience from concept to completion.
- Provide high-level instructional design and development.
- Develop tests and surveys associated with education material.
- Produce and manage still, audio, and video content.
U-Verse – Mobile and Digital TV Interface Design
As one of the first people in the world to design and develop apps for the iPhone, I designed a highly usable touch-screen interface with a focus on minimalism and stunning visuals for the AT&T U-Verse Digital TV services. I also conceptualized, designed and developed the interface for the set-top box applications.
BellSouth.net News Portal
Managed creative development and production of online content for the BellSouth.net News Portal (web-sites, video, games, activities, third party advertisements and promotions). Managed an internal team of associate producers, designers, illustrators, animators and web developers in an exciting fast paced production environment.
BellSouth Media Player
GUI design work was done in PhotoShop, Illustrator, LightWave and 3D StudioMax. Components were then palletized in Fireworks and DeBabelizer for C++ applications. Designed web pages to support the software that was created in: Adobe Premiere, Flash, Director, GoLive and Dreamweaver.
BellSouth Instant Messenger
Determine instructional strategies, design solutions and provide support in development.
BellSouth Video Chat
I was responsible for a variety of tasks including user experience design, visual design, and usability testing.
BellSouth Pay Per Viewer
Participate in the requirements analysis and detail design of object oriented software applications.
Develop user interfaces, communications, and control software for Windows and Apple based host systems.
BellSouth Voice Over IP
Design, document, test, and implement application features and enhancements.
BellSouth Web Browser
Conduct design, job tasks, content, audience analysis.